The Best Franchise Training Programs Have These 4 Things
One of the hallmarks of franchising is that a brand shows consistency across the board each time it’s replicated. Meaning, every time a new franchise owner opens their new location, they maintain the standards and practices of every other location. This helps build brand standards and a solid reputation that customers can rely on. To achieve this, most brands will provide extensive comprehensive training for new franchisees, paid for with the initial franchise fee.
If you are relatively new to franchising, many brands will tell you, no experience necessary. Although having some business, marketing, or sales background is advantageous, brands that make this statement generally feel like the franchise training they will provide for you is sufficient in getting you up and running in business.
4 Things to Look for in Franchise Training
The training itself may vary from brand to brand, but there are several constants to look for. Taking a deeper dive, there are some key components in a comprehensive franchise training program that will best equip you for ownership. Let’s unpack a few terms.
- The operations manual is your playbook or rule book to understand the brand’s system. It outlines the details of the franchise including goals, mission, company policies, safety requirements, procedures, daily operating procedure, staffing, sales, accounting, insurance, compliance, legal matters, trademark recipes, etc. It is the overall look at the brand. You can imagine that since it contains very specific intel about the franchise, it is confidential, and many brands may require you to sign a non-disclosure.
- There is initial training that is usually onsite at corporate headquarters. This will provide a good overview of the brand, your grand opening and an overall look at ownership with this brand. You will receive hands-on training and if applicable to your industry, you will be taught how to use any items unique to your brand. For example, if it’s a food service brand, you will roll up your sleeves and learn how to make recipes. Some franchises may evaluate your understanding of the overall brand through testing to ensure you are comfortable with ownership.
- Next, is on-site training which takes place at your new location and gets you up to speed on what it will be like operating your business on a day-to-day basis. This will be training for staff members as well.
- The last point is on-going training—this is an opportunity for the franchise to keep you updated with the latest trends or innovations in your industry or operational adjustments with the brand. This can be accomplished through field training, live streaming, and/or conferences.
Some of the take-aways from your training that are critical to success include:
- Marketing-Brand strategies that you can utilize at a local level.
- Technology-Efficient operations managing sales.
- Customer service-Aligning with the mission of the brand.
- Staffing- Including recruiting and retaining qualified employees
- Best practices- How to get the quickest and complete return on investment. (ROI)
SoBol’s Training is All This and Then Some
At SoBol, we do all this and more. We provide extensive training for our franchisees although having an understanding of franchising, retail, QSR, marketing and real-estate development is helpful.
Our operations are simple, focused, and repeatable—our job is to help franchise owners achieve success. We’ve developed a strong system to ensure your training experience with us is above industry standards. Our franchise process is thorough and provides you with the tools you will need to operate a successful SoBol.
Our training is extensive, with a two-week training at our corporate headquarters on Long Island. This training incorporates operating a SoBol as an employee, manager, and owner.
You’ll meet key members of our team to discuss and learn:
- Point of Sale functionality
- 3rd party delivery
- Accounting & bookkeeping
- Grand opening
Post opening you will continue to be accompanied by our support staff for two weeks to hone your skills regarding scheduling, inventory management, and operational excellence. We take it next level. Unlike other brands, we re-train you and your staff utilizing LMS software and SoBol Success Managers to ensure efficiency in operations.
If you are ready to get started being part of a brand that is dedicated to equipping you at the best chance for success, we’d love to have you join the SoBol family!